Tuesday, April 19, 2011

InsideOutside ... Crafty Spots


This is where I sit in the afternoons while the Stars are asleep and enjoy some space and sun just for me. The day is calm and quiet and I see random people walking by on their way to and from the train station and bus stop through the park. The bus is actually a free bus to my uni, so I am sometimes one of those randoms, but on Home Days at about 2pm you'll find me right there, making things. 

Usually, there is also a cup of tea close at hand, although I took this photo while the kettle was boiling so it's not there yet.



The Stars and I made chocolate muffins yesterday for morning tea and they really do make rather a lovely afternoon tea as well!!





We are lucky enough to live right next to a large public park and we all (including the pooches) make Great Use of it whenever we get the chance. This afternoon, after Nap Time, we gathered our baskets and wandered into the bushland to collect treasures. First we visited 'our' bowerbirds nest to see if he had collected any more blue bits and then started finding interesting leaves, dried seeds, sticks, pebbles, flowers, paper bark and any other things which took our fancy. We'll be making some artworks with them tomorrow. Then we walked all the way to the top of the park to the playground for a push and slip and a rock. A very basic little set-up, but to the Stars it is as good as any great adventure park AND, even better, it's just a short walk away. We don't even have to lock the house.



The second pic above is the view to the park from my favourite armchair and the next is a pic of the Stars escaping on the weekend in a break from the rain.


























My favourite outside spot is a morning spot, when the sun comes streaming onto our back deck at perfectly morning tea time. I couldn't get a great shot of it this morning because of the extreme light variation, but I'll show you the best I got, including guest appearance by Little Star. It does seem a little, well, colourless at the moment but, don't worry. I have plans ...
















And from here, I often have that feeling of absolute and complete ... well ... Completeness. I have a cup of tea at my side, a project on my lap, pottering Stars and sunshine (as I'm only usually out there when it's a sunny morn).

If I look down to the back I can see little girls in the vegie patch ...






















If I look straight across I can see little girls having tea parties ...

























(I admit a cheat here - I took these a couple of months ago while BigStar was entertaining her favourite CuzStar and the garden was looking particularly gorgeous).

















And looking to the deck, I see little girls playing, eating, drawing, dancing, giggling ...


My heart Sings with happiness on these mornings, and I had one today.

A Happy Day.












And now that this post has taken so long I'll have to leave with a teaser for the next one ...
A little project for BigStar on request while we've been sick the past couple of weeks.

And on that note, chest x-rays tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of LittleStar's continuing ills. Will be happy for a definite answer so we can treat it one and for all. But, must go now as I'm making a gift for my sister (again, by request!!) and I want to have it finished for tomorrow.

Hooky, hooky, hooky ...

Chat soon,
Stella
xx

2 comments:

Tessa White said...

Isn't it just precious when they merrily play xx

Sara said...

Hi Stella. What a wonderful crafty spot! And how fun to have a tea party in tiny rain boots. So cute! :)